As clinicians first, many physicians aren’t focused on how to grow and scale the “business-side” of their practices. Likewise, they rarely have determined what their exit strategy could be, as that is often deferred to retirement. As such, many physician-owners just “hang up the lab coat” when it is time to retire, leaving millions of dollars in value behind.
This panel of experts educates physician owners on how to avoid leaving those millions behind. They provide guidance and expertise on how to take advantage of today’s market and grow, scale, and successfully exit their medical practice.
The panel of experts includes:
- Dr Jeffrey Baumann: Dr. Baumann is a renowned ophthalmologist who practices with the Mid-Florida Eye Cataract and Laser Institute. He specializes in cataracts and implants, having performed more than 50,000 cases. He successfully sold his ophthalmology practice and surgery center in 2018, giving him unprecedented experience into M&A from a physician’s perspective.
- Rizwan Zaman: Rizwan is the President and CEO of EvolvMD, a consulting firm focused on optimizing healthcare services companies and physician practices. His expertise spans all strategic and operational aspects of healthcare business and uses innovative approaches to generate optimal growth and profitability.
- Craig Wendel: Craig is the Managing Director of Deal Origination for Align Business Advisory Services, a M&A advisory firm that has a specialization in Physician Practice Management transactions. Craig has facilitated over $4 Billion in healthcare services transactions, including one of the largest gastroenterology and emergency care transactions in the market.
- Gregory Chaires: Greg is a Managing Partner and Attorney with Chaires, Brooderson & Guerrero, P.L., a healthcare focused law firm. He and his team are skilled in Health Law, Administrative and Corporate Law, mergers and acquisitions, and analysis of the complex legal issues facing health care providers and entities.
- Dena Jalbert (moderator): Dena is the Founder & CEO of Align. Named one of the top 25 women in mid-market M&A by Mergers & Acquisitions Magazine , Dena has lead and grown Align to be named the best M&A advisory in the Southeast for the past 4 years.