Helping you chart the course for the future
Business Strategy Consulting
Where do you want to take your business? How do you get to the next level?
We work with clients to define and implement their companies’ strategic plan and objectives. This allows companies to align investment in resources, new markets, new products or services, or new industries, to drive growth and create value.
We develop innovative business strategies through the following services:
- Corporate Strategy & Planning: The whole is more than just the sum of its parts. We work with our clients to define the core of their company – who they are, what they want to be, and what they want to achieve. Then we make sure that every employee can articulate the strategy and is empowered to act upon it within their sphere of influence.
- Turnaround Planning: Market or business volatility can cause mature businesses to have to re-design their strategy to improve profitability and cash-flow to ensure continuation as a going concern. Align works with clients to identify the root cause, define the “pivot”, and implement the necessary changes to begin moving organizations in the right direction.
- Market and Competitor Analysis: What percentage of market share do your competitors possess? Customers are the source of real growth, and our team will analyze the market and provide data for actionable decisions to improve market positioning and fuel organic growth.
- Product and Service Development: Who is your customer? And does your product or service solve your customers’ problem? We work with our clients to align product and service offerings to address the needs of their defined customer. Our creative and innovative team assists clients in creating fully integrated offerings that are disruptive in the marketplace.
- Pricing: Price is one of the most important levers a business has to pull on to affect profitability. Many organizations are afraid to address their pricing strategy, so they ignore it. Align analyzes pricing strategy by vertical, market, product/service and customer transaction. We align price changes with how they affect buying behavior. Our team works with many cross-functional teams to identify pricing opportunities and build sustainable and repeatable processes to generate increased profits for the company in the long-term.
- Sales Effectiveness: Are you getting the right ROI out of your sales function? We help companies identify strategic and operational improvements to boost underperforming sales organizations. We break down processes, incentives, tools, and structure to ensure that sales is fueling top-line growth on a consistent basis.
- Brand Strategy: The best customer is one who will refer your brand to their network. We work with clients to analyze whether its brand conveys the value that their customers desire. Based on the data, we work to create a comprehensive brand strategy that resonates with customers and tells the story in the right way.
- Customer Service & Loyalty: Our team helps clients align organizational resources to ensure every customer interaction is positive and keep a loyal customer base. We help create cultures of customer-focus, ensuring that sales, operations, and support are all empowered to deliver exceptional quality to customers. Customer Service is a competitive advantage, and our goal is to ensure our clients are positioned to execute positive customer experiences and drive value.
- Go-to-market strategy: You’ve got a great idea, but how do you get that idea out into the marketplace? We help our clients define their target market and identify distribution channels to get their product or service out into the hands of customers.
Questions? Contact Us!
Market, Customer, and Distribution
Align recently assisted a technology startup with its customer and distribution strategy. Working closely with the marketing, operations, and product development teams, our team performed a detailed analysis of the target market, target customer, and the customers’ problem the technology is meant to solve. We mapped the product features and functionalities, identifying gaps to be filled through future product releases. This exercise focused the marketing effort, avoiding over-spending on the wrong distribution channels, allowing $1MM to be re-deployed into product development to accelerate customer adoption and growth.
What Our Clients Say...Owner & Operator
I have always operated under the principle of saying "yes" to any and all business that came our way, even if it wasn't a core service. After working with the Align team, I realized that much of that business was actually a drain to our profits. Very eye opening!
What Our Clients Say...President & COO
Our sales team was falling behind in a major way, putting our annual revenue budget at risk. We engaged the Align team, and they helped us discover that our commission plan was not structured in a way to drive the right business. We quickly remedied that, and we ended up beating plan by $500,000 for the year.
What Our Clients Say...Founder & Principal
Our company had never created a budget, let alone a strategic plan. The Align team jumped in and walked us through the process, and now every employee knows what we're working toward this year. Most productive we've been in a long time.